Wednesday, June 6, 2012

By the rivers of Trinity

If you go through the history of mankind, you can see that all civilizations have come up by riversides. Rivers have such an influence in human mind and thoughts. However, we are not ready to accept the truth. That is why we are polluting most of the rivers and making them useless. The impact of these actions is more serious than we can even think about but we do not understand it properly.

I was walking through the walkway constructed alongside Trinity River. It was my first day in Dallas, the city built alongside the river Trinity.  It is a thriving business center with many big brands having headquarters here in this city. The purpose of my visit was also the same. I have to meet the top executives of some big companies in connection with a contract my company is proposed to take. Being an official trip, the entire expenditure will be borne by my company. As we have signified staff for making arrangements for business tours, I did not have to waste my time on it. Our company have tie up with many airline agents and they used to provide us the best airline tickets.

There are many flights to Dallas from our city. So, there was no difficulty in getting tickets in flights. As per the schedule I landed here on time and started my work. As it was a weekend, I did not have any official work and I decided to spend the day all alone. As I have read a lot about Dallas and the Trinity River, my first destination was obviously the Trinity River. It is not a navigational river; still it flows through the city as a vein that carries the blood. A highway has been built alongside the river and also a walkway. White Rock Lake, a water reservoir, constructed in this river is the main attraction. Many people visit this site for boating, rowing and also for biking. The calm and quite area around the lake houses the famous botanical garden also.

Bachmann Lake is another site that has been used for recreation. Once after the introduction of cheap flights to Dallas, a large number of visitors are coming to this place. An Ice cream vendor whom I met near the lake told me that even people from far way places comes here more frequently.

As I had to return immediately after finishing my work, I could not go to many other attractive places in Dallas. So, I decided to visit this city once again. This time I will be going with my family. I am already started search for cheap tickets to Dallas. The next holiday, we will be spending there. I want to experience the atmosphere in various opera houses and also want to see the skyscrapers. I want to enjoy the evenings in Oak Cliff Park with my family. I dream about boating in White Rock Lake with my family. We all are preparing for those unforgettable moments now.