Thursday, June 28, 2012

The once up on a time Acquincum

Budapest, the capital city has a long history dated back to the Celtic period. The city has been formed on those days and the name of the settlement was Acquincum. Later it became the Roman Capital and then it was in the 9th century the Hungarians came there. The city has witnessed many historic events like the evasion of Mongols, Ottomans etc. the city has witnessed many battles and revolutions too. Presently it has attained a status of one of the most powerful cities in Europe and a thriving business center.

This importance as a business center attracted the attention of my boss and he asked me to go there to conduct a survey and find out whether our company has chances to flourish there. Thus I started my preparation for a journey. The first step was to do airline deals for cheap plane tickets. As I mentioned earlier, the city has become a well known business center in the region and hence a lot of people are visiting this city regularly. Looking at a good business opportunity, many major airlines of our region, such as Air Canada and Hawaiian Airlines are operating flights to Budapest. Some other airlines are also operating cheap flights to Budapest. Hence there was no problem in getting a ticket.

As soon as I reached there I started my work. The mode of my survey was to visit many dealers who are dealing with products similar to that of ours and also some prospective customers and take their opinion on different aspects of the products. Back in my hotel room I used to prepare notes based on their opinions along with my suggestions. As the works going on in one side, I have visited many places in the city. The Acquincum Museum, The Tomb of Gul Baba, Buda Castle etc are the most important structures that attract tourists. The museum really spreads lights to the unknown history of the city and its heritage.

Margaret Island is the other attraction there. This consists of a large park and recreational area. There were many foreigners too when I visited there. Many foreigners are coming to the city especially to enjoy the life here in this island. Introduction of cheap tickets to Budapest has come as a blessing for such tourists who visit this island frequently. Swimming pools, bicycle and running tracks etc are attracting more people.

Spas are the other major attraction of the city. Here also you can come across with a lot of foreigners. I went to one such spa to experience their treatments.

Thus the life in Budapest provided a total enjoyment and when I could complete my survey and my report and suggestions were approved by my higher authorities, it doubled my enjoyment. Now I got a chance to visit this city more often on official trips.