Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dancing In Denver - An Experience for a Lifetime

I was approached to open up an institute for Indian styles of dancing, in the city of Denver, in Colorado. It is a city filled with a lot of opportunities for the young and talented. When I was asked to help in opening up a school, I was a bit hesitant at first. As I did not know, how the people would react to it. Denver is home to a lot of different races of people. It also has a mix of the old world charm and the modern day world in the city. So I took up the project with a challenge and decided to give in my best.

The first thing that I needed to do was visit the city before hand to find a suitable place to open up the institute. But the main issue was finding airline tickets for cheap. The internet seemed helpful enough, but I decided to get in touch with a local travel agent who had a fair idea about cheap flights to Denver. After seeing my options, I choose to travel by Lufthansa airlines. Other flights to Denver to choose from were Emirates, Air Canada and KLM Airlines. After a lot of research, I found the best and cheap tickets.  If one manages to book a few months in advance then finding cheap tickets to Denver, is not an issue.

On reaching, I was taken aback by its beauty. The weather was fairly okay. Since it was the month of July the days were filled with warm sunshine, but the evenings turned cool and pleasant. It is said that even winter does not seem to be very cold in the land of the Rockies. I came across several schools related to the performing arts. The city has a rich culture and the different people living there just seem to add more colors to it. They further enrich it with their traditions and heritage. A holiday here would be considered incomplete without visiting the famous spots the city has to offer, like the city park and the confluence part.

The US Mint is a place where they actually give lessons in how money is made. We also visited the Denver art museum and Denver school of performing arts. They all were indeed a treat to the eye. With this visit, I realized that if this place can have so much of diversity then why not a school for Indian dances. It would add to their richness and show people a taste of India. The city has some of the best museums, cafes and book shops to visit. The night life of this place is also very happening. One of the highlights of this trip was that I got to attend the Fourth of July parade and become a part of the festivities.