Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Entertain yourself in Jamaica

I have always been traveling to picturesque destinations. Traveling is in my genes as my parents have always been traveling to exotic locations for their job related work. I always used to tag along with them, and today, I have inherited the same interest and desire to travel to new places and know more about them. Some cities are famous for their culture, some for their history, some for their art and some for their beauty. In every destination, I came across something unique that made it different from other destinations. This time I chose Jamaica as my destination. Since, my trip was planned at the very last moment; I had to book last minute flights available for this city. I came to know from my travel agent that the cheapest airline is offering low fares. I decided to book myself on this flight.

After reaching this beautiful city, I visited a wide spectrum of attractions dotting the city landscape. I visited several museums, art galleries and monuments to know more about the culture and history of this place. After a whole day of sightseeing, I was pretty tired. I wanted to relax and unwind. I asked my hotel people to tell me about the best places where I can enjoy for a while. I was told about several happening places. Jimmy Buffets’ Margaritaville was one of those places. When I reached here, loud music was blaring from the speakers and many couples were busy dancing on the dance floor. Many expats coming here through flights to Jamaica like Air France also throng this place. I met several people and made friends with some of them. Best international spirits are available at this joint. For some time, I was able to forget my worries and relaxed completely. I had a wonderful time at this place, and I reached late night to my room. I blessed my stars that cheap tickets to Jamaica were readily available, and I was able to visit this beautiful destination.  


Next day, I decided to visit another joint, namely Quad. Four complexes are situated in one complex, each unique in its style. Jazz lovers usually throng Christopher’s Jazz Club. Decorated in a tasteful manner, this joint is frequented by the movers and shakers of the city. Exotic dancers enthrall visitors with their seductive moves. Several patrons let their hair down and groove to the peppy numbers. I was suggested one more joint namely Weddy Weddy Wednesdays where people can enjoy outdoor parties. DJ plays popular international numbers, and people love to dance on them.

Since, this city is one of the major tourist destination, several visitors come here on a regular basis. The main source of revenue is generated through tourism sector. Art and culture is the main attraction there. That is why almost all leading carriers are operating cheap flights to Jamaica.