Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Memorable Vacations in Santo Domingo

When I received a letter from my publisher to visit Santo Domingo for my book publicity, my joy knew no bounds. I am a travel writer by profession and this profession takes me to different, exotic cities. I have seen many of them, and I was struck by the amazing beauty of each one of them. This time, I was about to visit another fascinating destination. My agent searched for cheap plane fares. I came to know that these days; several flights to Santo Domingo are available like, Air France, British Airways and many more. Once my flight was booked, I started preparing for my travel.

Santo Domingo is a beautiful capital city of the Dominican Republic. I had heard a lot about its scenic splendors. This visit was no doubt a chance to know the city at close quarter so that I can write another book on a beautiful travel destination. I had to survey on various aspects of my travel to this city and, travel facilities were one of them. My research revealed that several cheap flights to Santo Domingo are plying their services to this city. I tried to find out about ticket airline that are prominent in this sector.


As soon as I reached this beautiful city, I was overwhelmed to see so much beauty all around me. In the days, I spent in this city, I visited all popular landmarks Jardin Botanico or the famous Botanical Garden, vast expanse of pristine beaches, museums, beautifully landscaped gardens and parks, and many other popular places.At the famous Jardin Botanical Garden, I had the pleasure to see some of the most exotic and rare species of aquatic plants and some other varieties. Moreover, a big flower clock in this garden attracts a large number of tourists coming here using cheap tickets to Santo Domingo.

Another popular attraction in this city was the Parque Zoológico Nacional that is considered to be one of the biggest zoos in a part of the Latin America. It is fun to see some of the rare and endangered species of wild animals like rhinos, a rat like creature common in the area, chimps and many other animals. Nature lovers particularly find this zoo a treasure trove o unique species of animals. I carried my camera with me so I was lucky to get some best clicks.

Besides scenic attractions, the city is also known for its scintillating night like. A wide array of pubs, bars and lounges available in the city is perfect to relax and unwind. Some popular joints like Parkeo Bar, Club Abacus, etc are among the few famous among offshore tourists. Seeing so much beauty all around me, I was pretty certain that my next book on this city would be a bestseller.