Friday, October 5, 2012

Fashion Capital of the East-Shanghai

Spell bound is what I was when I got the chance to visit Shanghai for a conference from my office.  It is famous for its cultural places and nightlife. If you happen to be a foodie then this is the place to be in. It also has a great number of art galleries where artists from all over the world showcase their work. I had a conference with a few fashion magazines and thus got a chance to visit this gorgeous place for a fashion show.

The first thing to do before going on a trip is finding cheap airfare tickets and cheap flights shanghai that suit your budget. There are many flights to shanghai like Air China and if you do enough of research on the internet then you could find cheap tickets to Shanghai.  I got in with our travel agent who managed to get us a very good deal on tickets on the cheapest airline.


Also known as the fashion capital of the world this city is buzzing with the latest trends. One can find all brands here available for shopping. It is said that the fashion trends originate here in shanghai for the eastern part of the world. Technology wise also this city is way ahead of everyone in the world. All the latest phones, televisions and gadgets are first launched in this city.

The skyline of the city is adorned with huge buildings and skyscrapers which tells us of the progress the city has made in a short duration of time. I visited many shrines and pagodas. It helped me to understand the history and culture of the city well. Shanghai is the ideal place to shop from since one lands up paying less as compared to other cities.

They have all the brands that one can possibly imagine. I had a great time shopping here. It was like a dream come true for me. We visited the Shanghai Museum, Jade Buddha Temple and The Bund. The city had me mesmerized. There is so much in terms of entertainment here that I did not get bored at all. Since I was here for work I did not have much time to explore the city. However in the little time that I managed I saw quite a few places. I was floored by this place. Since I happen to be a big foodie I loved the food here. I visited several street cafes that sell local food. I had a lovely time trying out the local delicacies. A week here went off like a whirlwind. I enjoyed every minute spent here. I even visited a fashion show and had a great time. I would love to visit this city again for a vacation.