Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sydney - A Superb Place

Sydney is the most populous city in Australia and is the state capital of New South Wales. The city is located on Australia’s southeast coast of the Tasman Sea. Sydney repeatedly ranked highly in various world cities ranking. The city is the host of leading international sporting events including the British Empire games in 1938 and the summer Olympiads of year 2000.


This is a beautiful city that is bordered by the blue, beautiful mountains from the west side, Pacific Ocean from the east side and Hawkesbury River from the north side. On the south side, Royal National Park is located. The city is marvelous from all the four sides. Last year during my summer vacations I was in planning of some entertaining trip, the name of this city suddenly strikes in mind and then I decided to visit this place. I had heard a lot about this city through my friend who has recently visited there. I and my family decided this place as our destination.

After finalizing the place of vacation, the next task was to book airline tickets well in advance. First of all we searched all cheap international flights and list them well. As it was a pre planned and well budget trip so I was in favor of flights tickets for cheap, in order to support my budget line. Sydney is popular tourist destination and number of tourists reached this place yearly. Hence there are a number of Flights to Sydney like Air Canada. My friend told me that, during the peak season, many leading airlines ply cheap flights to Sydney; I gathered detailed information about these flights and then booked cheap tickets to Sydney from one of these airlines.

This is the largest, oldest and most cosmopolitan city in Australia. It is among the world’s most beautiful and livable cities. The city is full of history, fashion, art, culture, nature, design, cuisines. The sandy beaches of the city attract the tourists most. The fresh air in the city makes you feel refreshed. The day we reached, we were very tired hence decided to rest in the hotel. Next morning, after having a luxurious breakfast, we started on our day tour. This city is a beautiful place, and there are lots of places to visit. We decided to visit some important places.


We hired a guide who took us to all prominent places of the city. The very first day we visited many beautiful places of the city such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge, The Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbor, Sydney Olympic park, Luna Park, Sydney Tower, St Mary’s cathedral, Royal Botanic garden etc.

I must say that the city Sydney is a beautiful place I have ever seen in my life. When the time came to head back to home, I was terribly depressed as I had a marvelous time in Sydney!