Monday, January 17, 2011

Tokyo: The Sci-Fi City of The World


I have been hearing about Tokyo, the hi-tech city since childhood from one of my uncle who has been living in Tokyo for the past few years. On every thanksgiving visit, he used to get gifts for us, which were quite uncommon in our place too. This time my uncle invited me to know more about this beautiful city. I was overwhelmed when I received an invitation call from him and immediately called up my travel company to book a business class air travel to the city.

Thanks to my travel agent who quickly arranged a last minute flight with Delta Airlines to the city. While seating in my business class seat I recalled all the stories and life experience, which uncle used to share with us. He always said that Tokyo was more than being a futuristic city. Fortunately my business class airlines also offered me a brochure that said a lot about this city. After going through the brochure I learnt that the city rose from a small town to the world’s largest agglomerated city in a very short span of time.

My flight landed in the evening and I saw my uncle waiting outside the airport. While driving to my uncle’s residence I was surprised to see the skyscrapers illuminating with sprinkling hoardings. Though the passenger sitting next to me in the business flight told a lot many big names but I found many more than what I expected. While coming out from the airport I noticed many travel agents contact numbers displayed near the airport wall who offered discounted or cheap ticket for business class flights.

Airlines such as American Airlines, United Airlines and US Airways were on the top display that offered amazing airfares on several plane tickets to Tokyo. My eyes could hardly move away from the gleaming lights of the shops around that we passed by. I remember uncle once told us about the disastrous earthquake that completely ruined the city. Despite being sensitive to the natural disaster Tokyo rebuilt itself from the cradle of its own dust.

Before de-boarding the airlines, the crew members informed us that the vertical city supported a population of 12 million. My uncle’s apartment was on the 20th floor, and despite the lift facility he uncle took stairs for half way. I was quite excited to explore the city and thus requested my uncle to at least take me out for a dinner at a nearby restaurant. During my last business class air travel I received a discounted coupon with my air ticket, which I could avail at any five star hotels in any city across the world.

The next day my uncle had to attend an urgent official meeting and thus I got a beautiful chance to explore the city on my own. Before stepping out from the house I searched on internet about the city and fortunately was able to collect a lot of information through the travel websites that also offered cheap airline tickets to Tokyo. Selling under the names of cheap business class tickets, cheap flight tickets, cheap air tickets, and cheap flights to Tokyo the travel companies sites also gave valuable information about the city.

The Impulse Palace, Meiji Jingu Shrine, the Ueno Park in the spring all formed the major attractions of the city. Tourists from the world visit Tokyo to see the extraordinary subway system and the excellent transport system that the city possesses. After spending my memorable weekend with my uncle in the Sci-fi city I retuned back to my hometown. I called up my travel company Fare Buzz, the leading American travel Company and thanked for arranging a nice and memorable trip to Tokyo.