Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Top four must not missed museums in Rome

No matter whichever place I would have been to, museums and art galleries of the place have always been my attraction. Last week when I was on a business trip to Rome I purposely canceled my business class ticket with Delta Airlines to collect the treasure of museums the city possesses. Before moving out from my hotel I spoke to one of the hotel staff member who actually briefed me about the important museums that the city offers.

While searching an important document into my stuffs I came across a piece of paper that was kept beside my business class seat. I was overwhelmed to see that as it briefed me about a lot of local attractions in the city. This kind of information is generally given by many business class airlines that offer frequent international flights to Rome. The information that the paper carried helped to choose and plan out my day in the best manner.

I started my day by visiting Barracco Museum that possesses an extraordinary collection of Assirian, Egyptian, Greek and Roman sculptures that belong to Lord Giovanni Barracco. Among all the sculptures, Sphinx of Hatshepsut is the most incredible sculptures that stunned me for a while. I have often heard about this sculpture from many colleagues who have also been on business class air travel to the city.

My next expedition was to the Borghese Museum and art gallery. Built in 1913, the palace holds Cardinal Scipione Borghese’s collection of art. A siege of museums treasures some of the most famous sculptures by G. L. Bernini. Tourists from the world over traveling with first class and business class flights visit this marvelous museum and experience the best art works. While de-boarding the business flights the airhostess also mentioned about this museum.

Another best art center, which I took on my list, was Centrale Montemartini Art Center. The museum exhibits a unique combination of classical art and industrial machinery. I came across 450 Greek and Roman sculptures kept close to the old machines, which were used in the former electric power station. On the way I met a man who was quite impressive and who also told me that there were many airways that along with business class discounts also offer reasonably priced or cheap business class tickets to Rome.

The National Gallery of Ancient Art was the last one on my itinerary that I couldn’t miss out on as my travel company arranged the last minute flight for my return journey. It is said that the palace took almost eight years for completion and treasured the magnificent collections belonging to noble families. After finishing all the sightseeing I immediately rushed to the airport to catch my business flight. On my way I received a call from my travel company Fare Buzz, one of the leading Travel Company in United States, who arranged a memorable air business class trip to Rome.