Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dallas: A Galore of Arts and Culture

Boy, am I glad to head to Dallas by flight in the beginning of this year? Yes!

My first job would be to look out for the best airline tickets and board a cheap flight to Dallas. Being a Basketball buff, I have 2 matches lined up with my favorite team “Dallas Mavericks” pitted against “Oklahoma City Thunders” on February 1 and the “Indiana Pacers” on February 3. Hockey matches are not far behind with Dallas Stars vying with Minnesota Wild on February 4 and the same team with Phoenix Coyotes on February 7. All these matches are on, at the American airlines Center.

For an earful of music, I am going to attend some classical concerts like Debussy‘s La Mer, on from the February 2nd to the 5th at the Morton Meyerson’s Symphony Center. Monty Python’s Spamalot has won the Tony’s Best Musical in 2005 and tells the tale of King Arthur’s Roundtable. I would love to watch this at the Bass Performance Hall, on one of the days from February 7 to 12.

I wouldn’t miss out on the Dallas Symphony Orchestra’s tribute to the Carpenters in the musical event “Yesterday Once More” featured twice both on February 9 & 12 at the Morton Center.

For viewing a graceful ballet performance, I will head to the Bass Performance Hall at Fort Worth to watch Cinderella playing on February 3, 4 and 5.

I would probably head to the Zuckerman to watch the adaptation of Charlotte’s Web any time during February 24 to February 26. I am also thinking of planning well ahead of time so as to watch the Riverdance Farewell Tour on February 7 or 8 at the Music hall at Fair Park.

All this in February and what about March, I asked myself as I was planning to stay in Dallas for a good long two months.

My research divulged that March is also marching ahead with its mind-blowing dance and music shows.

Musical Concerts take the floor at the Morton-Meyerson symphony Center this March at Dallas. Earth, Wind and Fire will capture the crowd to deliver their greatest hits on March 6 & 7. The Beach boys are also back with their scintillating shows on March 9, 10 & 11. A unique musical show called “rent’ is on at Casa Manana, Fort Worth from March 3- 11.

A smash hit Broad way Show “Million dollar Quartet” featuring the recordings of rock and roll icons like Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley. This will be on at the Music Hall in Fair Park on from March 6-11.

At the American Airlines Center, sports reigns in full form. Dallas Mavericks face Utah Jazz on March 3 for a basketball game. A hockey match is on between Dallas Stars and San Jose Sharks. At Verizon Theatre, grand Prairie, Sesame Street-Elmo makes music is being screened on March 2,3 & 4.

Well, it looks like I ‘m going to have my hands full when I get on a cheap ticket to Dallas in February-March this year. With music, ballet, concerts, matches, games, dance shows and more. I am surely looking forward to it.