Friday, January 13, 2012

Denver: A Shopper’s Delight

Denver is not only the largest capital city of Colorado but also the shopping center for all types of shoppers. Just before my wedding, I visited this remarkable place to collect designer items for the reception. It was not surprising that tourists around the world, art lovers, antique collectors, and shoppers make it a point to take one of the flights to Denver and visit the city for a fortnight or so. It is also amazing to find plush international airlines offering cheap flights to Denver during holidays – especially those during Christmas and Thanksgiving Day, to rope in travelers who want to combine their holiday with incessant shopping at the city.

I bought one of the available cheap tickets to Denver with the hope of combining my serious shopping endeavor with the enthusiasm of travel. But, I wondered how to plan my budget and itinerary to shop, hop, and dine in the exuberant city of Denver. So, judiciously I decided to avail cheap flights to Denver, list the types of goods I needed to buy – some designer ones and some unique stuff, and set forth right away. 

Chic Designer Goods
I knew this city had many mall. Larimer Square was the first one I visited. It was a premium shopping complex that offered about 200 designer goods of different dress designers. So, I was not surprised to get fashion lines from various international designers. I was ready with my credit card and perfectly matching suitcases to carry designer suits. Other plush malls in the list include:
  • Tongue in Chic Design
  • Highlands Square
  • Broadway Shopping District
And, my favorites were those of Ted Baker, JMorphine Generation, or Tracy Reese. As Denver is also a lucrative place to go sightseeing, binging, or dining, I had kept some cash stored for visiting well known restaurants and bars. I had gleaned through travel guides on the net, bought cheap tickets to avail one of the modest flights to Denver. When I visited LoDo shoppers den, I took time off to visit the Mexican delicacies and cocktails at The Cruise Room bar.

Unique Antique Stuff, Vintage Goods, and Books
My fiancée had jotted down few items for the new apartment we planned to move in after our wedding. A friend advised me to visit Cherry Creek mall which had useful home furnishings. I was really fascinated to visit this place. International tourists, some from different continents had come over here just to pick jewelry, antique goods, and rare books. Like me, they too had availed airline tickets for cheap rates in a bid to keep enough cash to pick stuff they want. I knew visiting this city was once in lifetime only. Hence, I picked vintage stuff for myself and my folks. I also picked funky gifts for my beloved. Some other malls which I visited to get unique stuff were:
  • Antique Row
  • Old Santa Pe Pottery
  • Pismo
  • Tattered Covers
It is fascinating to find useful all-inclusive travel deals for tourists like me. These allow tourists to bag cheap tickets but avail comfy flights to Denver nevertheless.