Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Fun-Filled Holidays in Florida

Florida remains the holiday hot spot for fun seekers around the world. With the best of beaches, coupled with excellent dining choices and plenty of popular attractions eluding charm and romance, Florida is simply a holiday maker’s delight.

With so much to do and see in Florida, I started planning early for my holidays. The soft sandy beaches, the picturesque resorts, awesome parks- it was surely a bit daunting to pick the best. I scanned through the wide range of attractions on offer. It was quite difficult to decide on which I would keep on my holiday travel itinerary. However, I narrowed them down keeping my likes in mind and started making my holiday plans. With loads of fun things on offer, I planned my days through the fabulous beaches, theme parks and headed to have loads of fun in the sun. I checked out on the cheap airfares available and found that there are regular flights to Florida. As I planned for my holidays early, I got the best airfares and managed cheap tickets to Florida- much to my delight.

Explore the White Sandy Beaches
My trip to Florida would have remained incomplete without enjoying some of the most fabulous beaches that are synonymous to Florida. Packing all my swim gears, I headed towards the Smathers Beach, Key West and looked forward to an exciting fun in the sun experience. There are catamaran boats and the watercraft that you can rent out. The wave less beach is just perfect for snorkeling and swimming and you might even catch a glimpse of the who’s who of Hollywood. The other popular choices that you can explore are the Siesta Key for its soft silvery sand, Sanibel Island Beach for the shells, Sebastian Inlet if you are looking for some delightful surfing and Lover’s Island for the most romantic experience.

Enjoy the Theme Parks and Amusement Centers
It was really difficult for me to decide from the plethora of amusement options available. However, I made sure to visit the Aquatica- SeaWorld’s Water Park, Daytona International Speedway, Fun Spot Action Park, Legoland, Jungle Adventure and of course the Walt Disney World. An amazing experience, it was extremely exciting as well. There are more in Orlando like the Discovery Cove, Gatorland, Sea World, Universal Studios, Wet and Wild, Wonder Works and many more.

Places to Visit in Florida
I ensured that I included St. Augustine, Destin and Clearwater on my holiday itinerary. A visit to the oldest European city of the US, St. Augustine will surely be a romantic experience. St. Petersburg is yet another place that may be visited. The museums, the ancient sites and the beautiful setting of the city are quite a delight. There are some other nearby places which I would love to visit like Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Tampa, Miami and of course the Daytona Beach.

Grab the cheap flights to Florida and cheap airfares and plan ahead to ensure that you include all the major attractions while on your holidays. With the easy availability of the regular flights to Florida, you are sure to be spoilt for choices.