Monday, June 18, 2012

Beaches, music, dance and many more

Miami was always there in my dreams. I have got attracted to the beaches of Miami after seen those beeches in various films and television programs. Hence I really got thrilled when I got a chance to visit the city on a business tour. Being an important city in the region our company has planned to start its operation there also and I happened to be the person designated for it. Being a company sponsored trip, I had to search for cheap tickets. Hence I have gone through the details of almost all cheap airline flights to purchase a ticket in one of the cheap flights to Miami.

Being one of the most visited cities in the world many airlines like Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines etc are operating flights to Miami. Hence there were no difficulties in getting a ticket.  All I have in my mind about Miami was its world famous beeches. Although I have proven mistaken right from the moment I landed in the airport. Miami Airport has a vast collection of Artworks from world renowned artists from different parts of the world. It includes murals, paintings etc. When I reached my hotel, again I got surprised to see some paintings from famous artists there. This increased my curiosity and I started inquiring about Miami’s culture with many people whom I met. The outcome was really a surprise for me. I learned that Miami has a lot of things other than its beeches to boast about.

It has a long tradition as a place where a large number of ballets are being performed. Besides it has a very good track record in theatrical arts also. The theaters in Miami even attract many foreigners. It has an influential place in the world of films also. Besides, being a place for shooting many Hollywood movies it hosts a number of film festivals also. Miami International Film Festival, which is a star filled even is being conducted every year here. This is considered the most important film festival in the region and one among the largest film festivals in the world. Hence the presence of personalities in this field from different parts of the world is ensured during this occasion. Most of the airlines will offer cheap tickets to Miami during this season and this increases the number of participants in the event.

As more than half of the population in this city is foreigners, the culture of this city is a blended one. Still it has an influence of Latin American culture due to more number of emigrants from this region. Still you can see a lot of English speaking people on streets.

As I did not get enough time, I could not visit many galleries where a large number of modern day paintings are being exhibited. And I really got convinced that it will certainly take a long time to enjoy the culture of Miami. Hence I have decided to visit there once again before returning from that city.