Monday, January 14, 2013

The Japanese tour

Japan had to fight with the destiny to become one of the richest nations in the world. Various natural calamities and the World War II have taken its toll and the Japanese have overcome all such adversaries with their determination and hard work. Today, Tokyo, the capital of Japan is considered as one among the three financial commanding centers along with New York and London. Hence, no corporate houses can avoid doing business in Tokyo in the prevailing situation. Globalization has changed the fate of Tokyo. Now entire world is filled with Japanese products and the city has been approved as the electronic capital as many electronic products from Tokyo have captured the world market. Even my trip to Tokyo was in connection with some business proposals.
Since it was my own business organization and the expenditures have to be met with myself, I have collected the information about the airfares and decided to go with the best airfares. Tokyo has a prominent place in the map of international business and hence receives a large number of visitors every day. All major airlines such as Korean Air, Philippines Airlines etc are plying daily flights to Tokyo. Besides, there are some minor players who offer cheap tickets to Tokyo too. After a long search I have decided for one such airline and finally flew in one of the cheap flights to Tokyo.

As I do not have to report to anybody about my tour progress or I do not have to update my superiors, I had the freedom to decide my daily schedule. Still I want to give more concentration on my business as it is my livelihood. Still I got a lot of time in between to enjoy the city life. The city has a mixture of east and west. It reflects in their dressings, food habits and also in the way they behave. The identical Japanese culture has almost disappeared from the city and it comes out as a perfect blend of eastern and western cultures. This feature adds more beauty to the life over there.
Izu Islands is the first place which I visited. This is a volcanic island and a part of Fuji-Hikone-Izu national park. There are several other national parks in Tokyo and some are designated as heritage sites by UNESCO. Ueno Park is famous for the museums situated there. The National Museum of Natural Sciences and Tokyo National Museum etc are showcasing the history and the cultural heritage of the region. The city houses many Sumo Wrestling Arenas too. Sumo is something which the Japanese cannot live without. I was lucky to witness some Sumo competitions too. However, I do not feel that I have seen the city completely. Now I am planning to visit the city once again along with my family.