Monday, February 6, 2012

Explore the Spanish Splendors in Madrid

Madrid with its ‘mucha marcha’ is a splendid holiday destination that will lift up your spirits and will make a perfect escapade for you. Indulge in some of the best activities that are synonymous with Madrid and make the most of this amazing holiday destination.

Madrid is all about the Real Madrid football, the flamenco and the bullfights that will give you all the adrenaline rush that you are looking for. With a whole of international airlines offering the best of flight deals, you are free to pick the one that most suits you. I was looking forward to the top open bus city tours that will bring me closer to the Madrid culture- the museum, the iconic monuments, the best of Spanish food and the vibrant nightlife – all seemed to hold promises of a rollercoaster ride for me during my stay here. I booked my cheap airline flights and made my plans early and was all ready to explore Madrid.

Take the Bus Tour

This is definitely the best way to enjoy the real Madrid city. The bus tour will take you all through the city on two routes and let you enjoy the panoramic splendors. These are mostly operated by EMT or the Empresa Municipal de Transportes. The Double Decker bus will take you around all the important landmarks and monuments of the city. Most importantly you can also hop off the bus if you want to take a closer look at any of the attractions. However, you will have to wait for the next bus to continue the trip. The bookings can be done online. I booked them while I booked my cheap flights to Madrid.

Enjoy the Iconic Bull Fights in Madrid

Bull fight has somewhat become synonymous with Madrid aka Spain. I could not imagine a holiday without enjoying this. The main arena is called the Las Ventas, built in the mudejan pattern with ceramic tiles and red bricks. The months of May and June are the best months to enjoy the bullfights and it is at this time that you have the famous 20 day long bull fight festival- San Isidro. The fights are of different types where you can enjoy the young bulls or the novillos, fights in period costumes called the Goyesca and the bull fights on horseback or the rejones. It is surely an amazing experience all together. Interesting still, I went up to the Batan underground station- La venta de Batan to get a glimpse of the bulls prior to the fight.

Jive with the Cantoar’s Passion

Madrid with flamenco is simply not imaginable- flamenco- the vibrant, colorful and joyous form of music and dance is an extremely vivacious thing to enjoy. A perfect combination of passion, grace and power, you will love the shows.

Fare Buzz has helped me plan my entire trip. From the details of eating out the Spanish delights or enjoying the Plaza Mayor or visiting the Madrid Royal Palace to the best deals on cheap tickets to Madrid- I had it all there.